Thursday, April 14, 2011

Yup, I'm single

Here it is, the beginnings of confessions, wants, desires, hates, loathings and all the emotions in-between contained within what feels like my eternally single life.


That's right, I'm single.  Going on 6 years now without so much as a change in my Facebook relationship status (not that I'm counting).  Seems like such a silly thing to even want to be able to click that little button and announce to the world that yes, someone has taken on the burden of calling me their one-and-only flavor of the month.  But alas, it would be nice to pop that cherry.  Yes, it's true... I have yet to even once designated myself as "in a relationship" since my downfall into the addiction that is Facebook was enacted.  Fail.  Ok, so maybe being able to change my Facebook relationship status isn't, in the long run, that big of a deal.  But gosh darn-it everyone else is doing it!

Sure, I've had a couple of dates, talked to some fine young gents here and there, but alas twas not meant to be or at least that's what they decided.  I wanted at least a chance, but that's a discussion for another blog.  The not-so-single ladies around me keep saying "you just haven't found the right one yet" and I respond with: well I don't want the right one, I want the Mr. Right Now who will take me out to dinner, pay for it, and then leave me alone... although preferably after several free meals, bottles of wine and maybe a weekend away, but after that he's free to take his leave.

But surely I jest.  No really, is it that hard to take a nice girl out for a nice dinner and maybe, just maybe, consider the fact that she is a fine young lass and your mom might be proud of you for finally not bringing home last night's sloppy drunk? Just sayin'....

Ok, best not to blog everything out on my first post.  In the long run, I hope that at least one person laughs, another one cries, and at least two or three people are saved from a obtaining a VD from said "last night's sloppy drunk" while reading my blog.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I laughed. No need to cry for you though. Maybe if something was wrong with you I would cry but you are amazing and beautiful and full of life and funny! I found a guy but had to get outta Rochester to do so. Two of my really good friends met people online and one of those friends is not getting married in 2 months and the other is just dating and getting to know their new man. It just started with wanting someone to chat with and be real with and then it worked. It doesn't always work. My roommate met some real tool online dating but she at least got 3 awesome dates out of it before he revealed his true colors. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete